The workshop dementia awareness will offer an insight into the everyday experience of dementia by exploring the signs, symptoms and potential impact of the disease. Participants will reflect on what it may be like to live with dementia, recognising that people with dementia have unique needs and preferences, and considering how best to support those living with the condition.
- Understand what is meant by the term dementia; the common causes; their signs and symptoms and related risk factors; and what is commonly mistaken for dementia
- Be advised of the law relating to supporting people with Dementia and their carers
- Understand how different people may experience dementia because of factors such as age, type and level of ability and disability
- Have an understanding of how the physical and social environments may enable people with dementia to achieve their potential and understand and manage risks
- Understand different ways to meet a person’s communication needs and preferences and facilitate positive interactions
- Have an awareness of the Medical and Social Models of dementia
We develop and deliver high quality training based on best practice in dementia care, providing whole staff teams with common skills and knowledge in dementia. We work with organisations responsible for the care and support of people with dementia in health and social care, as well as community based organisations whose staff may have contact with people with dementia.Contact to book!