Personal Licence Holders
SCQF Level 6
Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
This is a mandatory qualification for people applying to become a personal licence holder. This would benefit those with supervisory responsibilities in licensed premises.
- No entrance requirements. Suitable for both on and off-licence candidates
- 1 day course with pre-course and follow up home study
- Course content is specified by the Scottish Government and covers an introduction to licensing, responsible operation of licensed premises and the effect of irresponsible operation on society and health.
- 40 question multiple choice assessment completed at the end of the training session, awarded and accredited by Scottish Qualifications Authority for the purposes of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005
- Not suitable for existing personal licence holders who require to complete five year refresher training (see Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders – Refresher ).
- The Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders is for those who authorise the sale of alcohol, or manage or supervise in premises where alcohol is sold. It is a ‘relevant qualification’ under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 for anyone applying for a personal licence in Scotland.
- All Personal licence holders must complete refresher training within five years of the date that their licence was issued. They then must produce evidence of having completed the refresher training to the Licensing Board that issued their Personal Licence no later three months after this deadline. A certificate of achievement for the Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (Refresher) qualification is the recognised way of doing this.
- All staff who sell or serve alcohol are required to have a minimum of two hours of training on alcohol licensing legislation before they begin work. The Scottish Certificate for Safe Sale and Service of Alcohol is a reliable way to cover this requirement.
* Please note payment in full is required 14 days prior to course commencement to allow resource book to be posted out before attendance for prior learning and study *