Persons Edexcel QCF Level 3
An Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector covers the basics of teaching in continuing and adult education – including how to plan sessions, motivate learners and use a variety of assessment methods.
Who are they for
This Award is for new teachers/trainers to the Lifelong Learning Sector – you don’t need any prior teaching experience or qualifications. It also suits people working in the area already who want to gain official qualifications. You should have an idea of what subject you’d like to teach, and either have or be working towards a qualification in that area.
– Roles, responsibilities and relationships in lifelong learning (Unit 1)
– Understanding inclusive learning and teaching in lifelong learning (Unit 2).
– Principles of assessment in lifelong learning (Unit 3).
– Using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in lifelong learning (Unit 4).
Students will also learn to:
– Adopt an integrated approach to the theory and practice of teaching.
– Reflect on their own previous/current levels of experience, practice, skills and areas for development.
– Develop communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualification level: level 3
Assessment is broken down into a series of mini-theoretical and practical assignments and the successful observation in the micro-teaching session.
The course is classroom based for 4 days with assignments to be completed self study at home